Here are some tips to help you avoid scams and fraud on the Internet:
Meeting with the seller
- Meet in a public place such as a bar or coffee shop.
- Tell a friend you are meeting someone and say the time you expect to be back.
- Get a phone number of the person you wish to meet and speak to them before you meet.
Prepayments are strictly prohibited on Ibarapa market
Buyers – never pay before purchase! You can discuss the cost of delivery, but you can pay for the product only AFTER delivery is done.
Sellers – don’t ask for any prepayments before delivery!
Avoid deals that are too good to be true.
Scammers try often to post fake ads, selling items that are significantly under priced. If you see any of these fake ads. Only deal with people in your area. It’s easy to stay safe when you pay attention to the warning signs. If you see a suspicious listing, you should report it to us. With help from enough people, we can remove the suspicious users.
Please report them by clicking “Report as ” in the ad on the right side under the Ad Options section.
Deal with people in your area
The vast majority of scammers will contact you from another country or somewhere far away. The best way to avoid scams is to deal locally, in person.
Never provide your personal or banking information
Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes all over the world. Do not give out personal, credit card or online account details (e.g) bank account number, passwords, mother’s maiden name, date of birth, place of birth, or any other information that could be misused. We advise only buying and selling with people you can meet.
Buying and Selling Safe
- Never send your goods or money to anyone you have not yet seen, ensure that you see the person or the item you want to buy before making any form of payment, this is also applicable to the items that are outside your immediate location
- A good Ibarapa market Seller should meet the buyer at an agreed secure location to carry out all transaction. If any seller should request for any form of payment before you have seen the item, please report that user ads by clicking on the “Report” Button.
- Don’t carry large sums of cash on your own. Take a friend with you to purchase the item.
- We strongly advice that our users meet up with the seller to inspect the item. Ensure that you inspect the item to affirm that the item is in the agreed condition. Also ensure that you meet in safe, secure and public location. Thoroughly inspect the item before making any financial commitment.
- Be suspicious if a deal is too good to be true. Don’t let greed get the better of you! 🙂
- Meet the seller in a public place if possible.
Ibarapa Market is not involved in any transaction between buyers and sellers,
and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”.
You may place a complaint about rules violation by the ad. Or if something seems suspicious just press the button to notify us.
Were you scamed?